Government of India
Ministry of Tourism
Dara Shukoh Road
New Delhi – 110 011
No. 6-TH-II (4)/2017-H&R Dated: 25.09.2018
1. Secretary (Tourism), All State Governments/UT Administrations
2. Secretary General, Federation of Hotel & Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI)
3. President, Hotel Association of India (HAI)
4. President, Indian Heritage Hotels Association (IHHA)
5. President, Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI)
6. President, Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO)
7. Principal, IHMs
8. All Indiatourism Offices in India
Subject: Guidelines for approval of Operational Motels.
Madam / Sir,
1. Enclosed please find a copy of the Guidelines for approval of Operational Motels.
2. These guidelines are required to be adhered to by all the hotels seeking Approval / Reapproval
under the Motel Category by the Ministry of Tourism and will come into force
with immediate effect.
3. You are requested to kindly circulate these revised guidelines to all concerned.
4. These guidelines are also available on the official website of the Ministry of Tourism
Assistant Director General
& Member Secretary (HRACC)
For more details,Click Here