Government of India
Ministry of Tourism
Dara Shukoh Road
New Delhi– 110011
1. Secretary (Tourism), All State Governments/UTAdministrations
2. President,Federation of Hotel&Restaurant Associations of India(FHRAI)
3. President, Hotel Association of India(HAI)
4. President, Indian HeritageHotelsAssociation(IHHA)
5. President, Travel AgentsAssociationofIndia (TAAI)
6. President, Indian Associationof Tour Operators(IATO)
7. Principal, IHMs
8. All Indiatourism Offices in India
Subject : Revised Guidelines for approval of Hotels at Project Stage and Star Classification / ReClassification of Operational Hotels
1. The undersigned is directed to enclose h e r e w i t h a copy of the revised Guidelines for
A p p r o v a l o f H o t e l s a t P r o j e c t S t a g e a n d S t a r Classification/Re-Classification
of Operational Hotels.
2. These guidelines are required to be adhered to by all the existing Classified hotels/ Hotel Projects
and those seeking Approval / Classification/Re-classification by the Ministry of Tourism under all
categories and will come into force with immediate effect.
3. You are requested to kindly circulate these revised guidelines to all concerned.
4. These guidelines are also available on the official website of the Ministry of Tourism
Assistant Director General(H&R)
Member Secretary (HRACC)
For more details, Click Here.